Gold Coast Transit Says,
“Dump the Pump. Save Money. Ride Transit.”
Your Photos Submission Earns You a FREE 1-Ride Gold Coast Transit Bus Pass!
With the return of high gas prices, Gold Coast Transit will join public transportation systems nationwide to participate in the sixth annual National Dump the Pump Day on Thursday, June 16th. The slogan of this year’s campaign is “Dump the Pump. Save Money. Ride Transit.”
To encourage the public to “Dump the Pump”, Gold Coast Transit is asking members of the community to take a picture of themselves riding the bus, at a bus stop, or using any other alternative form of transportation, such as bicycling or walking, between June 1st and June 16th. Then “Like” us at www.facebook.com/gctransit and upload your photos to our wall. Be sure to complete the “Dump the Pump” comment form to receive your free 1-ride Gold Coast Transit Bus Pass for participating in our efforts.
Sponsored by the American Public Transportation Association (APTA), the 2011 National Dump the Pump Day encourages people to ride public transportation, instead of driving a car. With gas prices exceeding $4 a gallon, saving money is on everyone’s minds and riding Gold Coast Transit buses is the quickest way to beat high gas prices. According to the latest APTA Transit Savings Report, individuals in a two-person household can save an average of more than $10,000 annually by downsizing to one car.
Learn how much you can save by leaving your car at home and riding public transit. Click here to open a Fuel Savings Calculator provided courtesy of the American Public Transportation Association.
“We are excited to participate in this national campaign to promote public transportation,” said Steve Brown, General Manager, Gold Coast Transit. “Not only can a person save money by riding the bus, but they can also feel good about reducing their carbon footprint, given that our buses are fueled by Compressed Natural Gas (CNG).”
Learn more about how you are reducing your Carbon Footprint, as Mr. Brown mentions above, by clicking here.
About the Organization:
Gold Coast Transit provides safe, responsive, convenient, efficient, and environmentally responsible fixed-route bus and paratransit public transportation that serves the diverse needs of the cities of Ojai, Oxnard, Port Hueneme and Ventura, and in the unincorporated County areas between the cities. Utilizing a fleet of 54 clean-burning buses, GCT carries over 3.5 million passengers annually on its 19 bus routes. GCT is a joint powers authority governed by a Board of Directors made up of an elected official from each member jurisdiction.
Terms & Conditions of Photo Submission Promotion -
- One Entry per person. Gold Coast Transit (GCT) employees are not eligible to participate.
- Please do not disrupt bus passengers or GCT employees by asking them to take your photo. Please do not delay bus service in any way to obtain a photo and please be respectful of other passengers.
- All photos must be uploaded and the contact form completed by 11:59pm on Thursday, June 16, 2011.
- By entering this promotion, the entrant releases their photos to GCT and mutually agrees to allow GCT to use the submitted photo(s) only for current and future GCT marketing purposes that are disseminated to the general public. GCT will not alter any photos, and GCT may opt to use or not use your photos.
- By entering this promotion, the entrant agrees to receive periodic email communications from GCT.
- Gold Coast Transit will not sell or distribute entrant emails or photos to any 3rd parties, vendors, or other organization(s).