What is ACCESS?
ACCESS is origin-to-destination public transit service for people with disabilities that prevent them from using fixed route bus service. ACCESS serves the cities of Ojai, Oxnard, Port Hueneme, Ventura and unincorporated areas of Ventura County between these cities.
- Trips are provided to any location within the GCT service area.
- Riders reserve trips one day in advance.
- Riders are picked up at their point of origin, usually the curb outside their homes
- Riders are dropped off at their destination, usually the curb.
- Same-day trip trips may be provided based on availability.
- All vehicles equipped with wheelchair lifts
- Personal care attendants may ride along to provide assistance to passengers.
ACCESS riders reserve their trips by phone one day in advance. Riders usually are picked up at the curb outside their homes and dropped off at the curb outside their destination. Riders can use ACCESS for any trip purpose to any destination within the GCT service area. All ACCESS buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts. Bus Operators do not provide personal assistance to passengers beyond the safe boarding and alighting of the vehicles.
Please note that ACCESS is public shared ride transportation. The service is not designed to provide highly personalized service such as escorting passengers who cannot be left unattended, operating a customer's electric mobility device or accompanying riders inside of buildings. When planning your trip, remember that you will often share the ride with others. The driver will usually pick up and drop off other people on the way to your destination so your travel time will be longer than it would be by private automobile or taxi.
Cash Fare One Way - $3.00
ADA certified or Senior
Senior Nutrition - Free
Book of 10 Tickets - $30.00
ADA certified or Senior
Personal Care Assistants (PCA)
Personal Care Assistants are welcome and ride at no charge. Guests are also welcome and pay the regular $3.00 fare for one way trips.
ACCESS for Seniors 65+
Access services are also available for seniors, age 65 and older. For more information or to make a reservation, please use the contact information below.
ACCESS Reservations/Cancellations - Call daily between 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- 1-800-448-6133 (toll free)
- TDD 711 (CA Relay Service)
Contact Margaret Heath