Gold Coast Transit (GCT) is pleased to provide you with bike racks on every one of our fixed-route buses. Now you can ride the bus to your destination and your bike rides for free! Each bike rack holds three bikes and space is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Caution should be taken when loading and unloading your bicycle. GCT is not responsible for any damage that may be caused while your bike is being loaded/unloaded or while it is in the rack. Passengers should:
- Notify the bus driver before loading a bike.
- Load and unload bikes from the side of the bus nearest the curb.
- Exit the bus from the front door and advise the bus driver that you will be unloading a bike.
EASY AS 1-2-3
Step 1 – Lower Rack
|Step 2 – Place Bike on Rack
Lift the bike into the rack, placing the wheels in the wheel wells. The first bike loaded should be placed in the position closest to the bus. The bike's front wheel is in the proper position when it is facing the support arm.
|Step 3 – Secure Bike
Your bike is secured with the support arm.
Removing the bike
To remove your bike from the rack, simply reverse the three steps listed above. It makes no difference which position your bike is in. You can easily remove your bike from the rear position even if another bike is in the front position.
- Pull the support arm handle out and lower it down over the bike's front tire.
- Lift the bike out of the rack.
- Return empty racks to the upright position and you're done!
If you enjoy riding your bike and having an active lifestyle, GCT encourages you to visit Healthy Ventura County's website to learn more about the benefits of physical activity as well as other helpful tips:http://healthyventuracounty.org/active-living/. Eat smart. Move More. Live Well.