NOW ACCEPTING MOBILE TICKETS
Purchase and store your pass with a smartphone by downloading the mobile app today! This is a pilot program facilitated by Token Transit, a mobile ticketing app, and offers an alternative to cash and paper passes while allowing for faster boardings. Simply download the app, link it to a credit or debit card and purchase tickets anytime, anywhere! Passes can be purchased for immediate use, or they can be stored for future use.
FOR A LIMITED TIME, save 50% off your first purchase of a 15-Ride or 31-Day pass!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Here is some important information you will need to know when deciding if using this app is the right choice for you.
- Token Transit mobile tickets can only be used on Gold Coast Transit buses.
- Load your pass on your smartphone prior to boarding the bus to avoid delays when boarding.
- Wait until just before the bus approaches to activate your pass. Acitivating will initiate the two-hour validity period, similar to a paper transfer.
HOW IT WORKS
After you've downloaded the app using Google Play (Android) or the App Store (iPhone), just follow three easy steps and you're ready to ride!
Select a GCT fare type.
When you are ready to ride, tap your pass to activate. All passes are stored in your Token Transit account.
As you board the bus, show the GCT Operator your mobile ticket. It will contain an image, a word of the day, and the current time of day. The word must be moving across the screen. This serves as confirmation to the Operator that your pass is valid. You're ready to ride!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Can I request a refund?
Passes are not transferable or replaceable. All sales are final.
2. When do I need an internet connection?
An internet connection/data plan is required in order to purchase your pass. An internet connection/data plan is also required when using your pass for the first time.
3. Which passes are available on Token Transit?
All regularly sold fare categories are available for purchase on Token Transit.
4. Can I ask for a transfer to complete my trip?
Paper transfers will not be issued. However, each ride is valid for two hours in order to complete your trip.
5. Can I use my mobile ticket to transfer to a VCTC route?
No. Token Transit is currently only valid on GCT buses.
6. Once activated, how long do I have to use my 1-Ride Ride Pass?
Single ride passes will expire two (2) hours from the time of activation.
7. How do I know if my pass is active?
Active passes will be displayed under "Passes in use", which immediately appears when the Token Transit app is opened. The pass will contain an image and a word of the day. The word must be moving across the screen. This movement serves as confirmation to the Operator that the pass is valid.
8. Is there a record of past purchases?
Yes, you can view a log of your past actions by going to your Account Settings and selecting "History". There will be a new entry every time you use a pass.
9. Can I have a receipt for my purchase?
You will need to include an email address when you register your account. Receipts will be sent to the email address registered to your account.
10. What if my battery dies while my pass is active?
You are responsible for keeping your phone charged while using your pass. Refunds will not be issued if your phone's battery dies while your pass is active.
11. What happens to my account if I lose my phone?
Your passes and payment information are linked to the account associated with your phone number. They are not linked to your physical phone. Logging in with your phone number on a new device will restore your previous pass and payment information.
12. Is my credit card information secure?
All personal and credit card information is securely stored, using Token Transit's encrypted Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant server.
13. I don't have a credit or debit card. Can I pay with cash or check at the Customer Service Center and have my passes loaded there?
No. The only form of payment accepted on Token Transit is credit or debit card. The Customer Service Center will not be accepting payments for mobile tickets.
14. I'm taking a group on a field trip using GCT fixed route service. Can I use the app to puchase mobile tickets rather than purchasing my tickets in advance at the Customer Service Center or one of the ticket outlets?
Yes. You can purchase a 15-Ride pass, or multiple 1-Ride passes. Just be sure to activate each individual ride using the Token Transit app.
15. What if Spanish is my preferred language. Is this app available in Spanish?
Yes. The language in your phone settings must be set to Spanish.
16. I need help with the app. Who can help me?