Gold Coast Transit District offers free or discounted fares to small children, youth, seniors, Medicare recipients and persons with disabilities. View our current fare rates. When boarding the bus, you must show the driver the correct type of ID for the discounted fare categories. Those include:
- Youth (18 and under): School ID or Proof of Age
- Senior: Proof of Age
- Senior 75+: Proof of Age or Gold Coast Transit 75+ ID card
- Medicare Recipient: Medicare card
- Persons with Disabilities: Gold Coast Transit Reduced Fare ID Card or ADA ID
- Veterans: valid US Veterans Identification (with photo)
GCTD Reduced Fare ID Card:
Gold Coast Transit District issues photo identification cards for persons with disabilities, Seniors 65+ and 75+ Free. To obtain a GCTD Reduced Fare photo ID Card, passengers must meet the following critiera:
- Senior Citizens 65+ or 75+ (proof of age)
- Disabled individuals must submit a "Reduced Fare ID Card Application" completed by one of the following: a physician, a licensed medical professional, a licensed optometrist (for visual impairments), or a counselor/social worker (representing a recognized organization for people with disabilities). Applications are available online English Application / Spanish Application (PDF), in person GCTD Customer Service Center, by e-mail Customer Service Email, or by phone at 805-487-4222.
- Medicare, Social Security Insurance (SSI) recipients
- Veterans with valid Veterans Administration Card, CA Drivers License with Veterans Designation or government issued document showing proof of Veteran status with photo ID.
Seniors Over 75 Years of Age Ride FREE Anytime!
Seniors aged 75 or older can ride for FREE, all day, every day, with proof of age shown upon boarding.
Seniors may receive a free ID card to use to prove their eligilibity for the program. To receive your 75+ ID card, please visit our Customer Service Center at the Oxnard Transit Center. You will need to present proof of age to receive your card. Please call 805-487-4222 for more information.
Once issued, if your GCTD Free or Reduced Fare ID card is lost, a replacement fee of $1.00 will be charged.